Hold A Food Drive Or Fund Raising Event
We encourage groups to run food and fund drives throughout the year.
this supports our efforts to address hunger on an on-going basis
There are many ways to run the most successful food drive possible.
Follow our simple steps!
Step 1: Plan your event
- it can be as simple as emailing Morissa or phoning her at 403.860.8817 to arrange for the pick up and delivery of food and/or cash donation boxes
- if you'd like to be creative, though, you can find a little inspiration here!
- our wish list will give you food donation ideas
The Food Bank can provide food and/or cash donation boxes.
- a food donation box is a sturdy is 2’x2’x3’ tall cardboard box with our logo on the side; it holds about 80 items.
- cash donation boxes are Plexiglas boxes that sit on any supervised desk or table
Step 2: Register your event
Contact Morrisa Choptain with the infomation below and she’ll “check you in”!
- your group or company name
- mailing address
- event location (if it’s different from your mailing address)
- event contact person
- telephone number & email address
- do you need food collection boxes? How many?
- do you need boxes dropped off? (picking up the boxes you need helps us save resources)
- do you need your donations picked up? (please try to drop off your collected donations in order to help us save resources)
- delivery date (if required)
- pick-up date (if required)
- delivery/pick-up instructions for our drivers (eg: park in loading dock, go to main reception, etc)
- hours of operation (so we know when we can come!)
Step 3: Hold your event!
- get creative! Advertise your event.
- for logos and standard of use, contact Kathryn Sim
- let us know what you’re doing!
- send us your posters, pictures or stories
- we love to talk about our supporters on Facebook and Twitter!
- your effort and creativity is so important
Step 4: Get your food/funds to us
- we can pick up your food and cash donation boxes
- or, you can bring them to us!
- drop off your donations at our warehouse
- be sure to complete a Food In form when you do, so we know who to thank!
- you can also drop off food donations at your local grocery store
- the food will still make it to our warehouse
- we’ll get it on the tables of our clients within four weeks
- but we won’t be able to assign the weight to your event