Need Food: Individuals
Do you need food?
- Call 403.253.2055 to apply for an Emergency Food Hamper
- this is the only number that will connect you
- or visit our Client Services waiting area during distribution hours and use one of the provided phones
- 5000 11 Street SE Calgary, Alberta T2H 2Y5
- you must call us before you line up to receive a food hamper
What to expect:
- there may be a wait once you call; please be patient
- we ask that you arrive no later than 15 minutes before the end of distribution
- take a moment to learn more about our Emergency Food Hamper Program
|Day of Week||Mornings/Afternoons||Evenings|
|Monday||1:00 pm to 3:30 pm||6:30 pm to 7:30 pm|
|Tuesday||10:30 am to 3:30 pm||6:30 pm to 7:30 pm|
|Wednesday||1:00 pm to 3:30 pm||6:30 pm to 7:30 pm|
|Thursday||10:30 am to 3:30 pm||6:30 pm to 7:30 pm|
|Friday||10:30 am to 3:30 pm||Closed|
Walk-ins are accepted during each distribution time, provided you come in at least 15 minutes before the end of the shift.
When can I call?
You can call the Hamper Request Line at 403.253.2055:
Monday: 10:30 am to 7:15 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm to 7:15 pm
Wednesday: 1:00 pm to 7:15 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm to 7:15 pm
What will happen when I call?
Who can apply?
- any Calgarian in a temporary emergency situation can apply for an Emergency Food Hamper
How often may I receive food?
- you can access three hampers by just calling us (more than 80% of our clients last year used three or fewer Emergency Food Hampers)
- if you need more than three, you must be referred through one of our partner agencies or programs
- a maximum of seven Emergency Food Hampers may be accessed by an individual or family over a 12 month period
Where do I pick up my food?
- Emergency Food Hampers are distributed at our warehouse and through six community depots
- these depots reduce transportation and pick-up difficulties for clients with mobility or other issues; and at the same time, they connect people with resources in their immediate community
When buying food, where can I get it for less?
- Alberta Health Services publishes a list of low cost food resources annually