Regional Food Distribution
Regional Distribution ensures that emergency food supplies are delivered where they are needed most, when they are needed most.
The Calgary Food Bank works locally and regionally in a cooperative effort to distribute food to those in need.
- serves as an emergency food distribution hub not only within the city but beyond
- shares bulk donations with other food banks
- primarily in Western Canada
- across Canada as required
We regularly distribute food to more than 35 food banks, almost solely by donated transportation.
- those food banks in turn distribute food to more than 25 additional emergency food programs
- food has been delivered as far as Whitehorse and Yellowknife
- it has also been delivered to Brandon, Cranbrook, Golden, Kelowna, Kimberly, Regina, Saskatoon and Sudbury
During emergencies like the Kelowna fires or the ice storms in Montreal, the Calgary Food Bank is often called upon to assist.